To be ready for your walk-through, your belongings need to be moved out and the cleaning must already be done.
MAKING A WALK THROUGH APPOINTMENT
KLC Property Management will contact you for your walk-through at least one week in advance to avoid schedule conflicts. To be ready for your walk-through, all your belongings must be moved out of the property and the cleaning complete. Walk-throughs will normally be made during the hours of 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday. It is to your advantage to be present at the walk-through. All leases expire at noon on the lease expiration date.
PREPARING FOR YOUR WALK-THROUGH
Make sure that the following has been done before your inspection.
1. Rent must be paid in full.
2. Empty your unit of all personal belongings.
3. Your unit should be cleaned using the attached “How To Clean” sheet as a guide. Cleaning must be completed prior to the time of the scheduled walk-through.
4. Utilities for which you are responsible for must be left in your name until your lease expires. This means if you leave a day or two early, you much have the meter read the day following the last day of your lease. Please contact utilities for final reading at the end of your lease term.
5. All light bulbs must be working.
All keys: house keys, security door keys, mail keys, and garage door openers must be returned at the time of the walk-through. DO NOT GIVE KEYS TO THE NEW RESIDENTS. Any keys not returned at the time of the walk-through will result in a lock change at your expense.
Deposits are returned within thirty (30) days after your lease obligation has been fulfilled with satisfaction of all rent and other charges. Be sure to leave a forwarding address with the office.
Fill out a change of address form with the Post Office so that your mail will be forwarded to your new address. Contact your phone company to cancel your phone service.
CLEANING THE CARPETS
The carpet must be professionally cleaned (NO RUG DOCTORS, EXTRACTION METHOD ONLY). A receipt must be provided at the time of walk-through. May – August and December are peak periods for most carpet cleaning companies. You should plan accordingly and schedule your carpet cleaning appointment in advance. Cleaning the carpet is the last item done before walk-through, since placing furniture on wet carpet may leave dents and dirty marks and may require you to re-clean. Failure to have carpets cleaned on or before your move-out inspection date, may result in addition costs charged by the carpet cleaning companies for “Same Day” service.
Complete Carpet Care (515) 277-2005